Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This is addressed to the High and Mighty

So, I was getting ready to go babysitting this afternoon, and I drop my brush in the toilet... And of course I say, "shit". And of course my saint of a sister flips. She's like, "WHAT'D YOU SAY?"

So, I'm thinking. I'm thinking that it's not wrong to curse or use a word that might be deemed "inappropriate". It's not wrong at all. You know what's wrong? It's WRONG to obsess over cursing being wrong. It's honest to goodness messed up. Because you know what, if I get ran over and I yell, "INSERT OBSCENITY HERE," and my sister chews me out for having a dirty mouth, I'm gonna be pissed. If people are more worried about what's coming out of my mouth that what's actually going on it my life, then that's MESSED UP. You walk down the hall and you hear someone say, "CURSE WORD". What do you think? "Ohhhhh, bad word!" Or: "Oh, I wonder what's going wrong in that person's life." I do still see where it's wrong to use curse words as adjectives every other word; that's just offensive and unnecessary. But they were originated to indicate strong feeling and get a point across. You can't deny that they do a good job of that. I just think it's like anything else. It goes back to your motives and your heart. If you telling someone, "go eff yourself you mother effing effer, and blahblahblah..." Yeah, probably not okay. Alright, I'm done. I think you see my point. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment