Monday, February 1, 2010

This is my will.

Here is the reformed version of my death wishes... I didn't really want people reading this, but I guess you can. I just wanted somewhere safe to put it.

So, I've been thinking a lot about what would happen if I died. Great thing to be thinking about at age 16, right? Anyways, I just thought that starting off this thing with my death wishes would kinda be cool? Okay, so it's not. But I want to put them somewhere... Why not here? Kaitlin, as weird as this is, I'm trusting you to enforce these in the case that something does happen to me.

I wish to be cremated. I don't want people looking at my dead carsass. Once I'm dead, that body is not mine anymore, so don't use it to help people dwell on the past, burn it so we can move onto the future. There's a Kimya Dawson song that talks about not being burried that explains how I feel pretty well. I may have to tattoo something on my rear about it like she did. As for the service, I don't really care about it other than, I want it to be creative. Yes, I want a creative funeral. Host it outside if the weather permits. Show vidoes of some of the best times in my life. Have bits of my ashes put into some kind of necklace or bracelet for loved ones to take with them. Whatever, just think outside the box.
If you decide against the jewlery, I wish for my ashes to be divided into small canisters and distributed to important people in my life (because there probably won't be enough for everyone) to do with what they please. The remaining ashes, or the majority or them, I would like to be released on top of a hill at my service.

As for my belongings: I wish for my immediate family and good friends to have whatever they want of mine. You are quite capable of decerning who those people are. As for my money, which right now there's not much of that either, but I wish for it to be saved and divided into equal portions for Jessica's and Kaitlin's children when they hit age 18. If either of you don't have children, which I doubt will happen, or you need the money, then it's yours.

Once married or a mother, I want to entrust everthing to my husband and children, but at this point in my life I've become neither of those. I realize that this is morbid and most likely unnecessary, but it's something that I've always wanted written down somewhere. So, now, here it is.

Sealed:
Rachel Ann Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment